Friday, March 16, 2012

March 2012 Birchbox

Every month I get so excited when Birchbox sends me my shipment confirmation email. If you're not familiar with them, they are a subscription sample service. Every month, similar to a magazine subscription, a box is sent with samples fit for "me". When you first sign up they have you fill out a questionnaire about what you are looking for from your samples. This allows you to have a semi-custom box each month. You don't get to pick which samples you receive, but the samples sent are selected from your answers, so they pertain to you. I sort of like that I don't know what I'm getting. It's like a mini surprise present every month. This month was no exception to my excitement. I can't wait to try everything that came in the box. After I try the samples over the next few day, I will review each one.

The box comes with an outer cardboard box in Birchbox pink.

Inside is a box with the Birchbox logo about 5.5 by 7 inches. and 2 inches high.
This box is sturdy and reusable. I usually store my samples in it for the month until I finish them.  I have also used them as an organizational tool for my other makeup. I put my eye liners in one, my lip gloss in another, mascara in another. My kids even like to put their "treasures" in them. They're the perfect size for holding small items that kids like to collect.

Each box comes with a card. 
The card gives a little explanation of the theme for the month. It also gives a description of each product and the retail price for a full size.  I find this card super handy. Some of the products are small samples and information isn't clearly written on the packaging. The card is like a cheat sheet for what the items are.

Here's what was in the box and the blurb from the card}



Deborah Lippmann {The Stripper to Go
     Change nail polish in a flash with these sweetly-scented remover mitts. 6 mitts, $12

Miss Jessie's Original {Quick Curls
     Tame temperamental curls with this anti--frizz cream: just run it through damp hair to beat back frizz. Full-size, $32

One Love Organics {Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm
     This all-natural two-in-one cleanser and moisturizer is completely free of fillers, which means it's extra concentrated and extra effective. Full-size, $68

PETER THOMAS ROTH {Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel
     This brightening cleanser uses salicylic and glycolic acids to detoxify and soften the look of fine lines. Full-size, $35


stila {Smoky Eye Card
     Take the guesswork out of matching eye makeup with this mini-palette. 3shadows, $45


Each month they also include an extra called a "Lifestyle Extra".  This month they included Kusmi Tea {DETOX Tea
Two tea bags made with Mate', green tea, and lemon grass. I'm a little worried about this sample. I've never heard of this brand or Mate'.  I'll probably do a little research before I use it.



I'm really hoping that the hair cream works. I still have yet to find "The" product for me and my hair. I'll let you know, after I try everything, how it went. And if you think this is a fun idea go to Birchbox and get one of your own! I received mine as a Mother's day present from my husband and kids.  :)

~Until next time~




No comments: